Pages

Weekend Recipe to Wet Your Whistle

24 August 2012



I hosted a Splash Bash (post to follow next week) for my two darling girls and their friends yesterday.  I mixed up a quick, flavored sparkling water for the adults.  It was pretty good!  I thought it would be great to share the recipe with you.  It is a very fresh, very refreshing drink.  A couple of the moms suggesting adding a bit of rum...You can do what you wish.  

The recipe:

Ingredients-
4 liters of lemon lime seltzer water
3/4 cup sugar
2 limes
1 cucumber

Thinly slice one cucumber and one and a half of the limes.  Save remaining half to be squeezed into the drink.

Pour seltzer water into your favorite drink dispenser.  For this drink I used my favorite drink dispenser from Pottery Barn.
Add sugar.  *Caution:  Add sugar very slowly.  Otherwise it will literally cause an eruption!  I learned the hard way.
Stir until sugar is dissolved.
Squeeze remaining half of lime into seltzer water.
Add cucumbers and limes.
Serve cold over ice.


Enjoy and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment